CRDF Global to Partner with Leidos to Launch Fellowship for Emerging Leaders in Biosecurity Under Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Contract
Arlington, VA – CRDF Global is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a task order in partnership with prime contractor Leidos Inc. (NYSE: LDOS), under the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) to develop a fellowship program for biological scientists from the Middle East. This task order is awarded under the DTRA Science and Technical Engagement Partnership contract vehicle. CRDF Global’s subcontract has a ceiling value of $5,000,000 over the first year, with four option years.
The fellowship will allow for up to 14 scientists from Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, and Iraq to spend four to six months at host institutions around the world to learn biosafety and biosecurity standards and procedures and participate in research alongside their host colleagues. The fellowship will focus on strengthening participant knowledge of:
- dangerous human, animal, and zoonotic infectious diseases
- pathogens of security concern
- modern infectious disease diagnostic techniques
- epidemiological surveillance and reporting of dangerous human and animal infectious diseases
- application and institutionalization of internationally accepted principles and best practices of BS&S
- application and institutionalization of One Health principles and approaches
- detection, diagnosis, and reporting of infectious diseases caused by especially dangerous pathogens and pathogens of security concern
“This fellowship reinforces CRDF Global’s longstanding and distinguished track record in support of DTRA, including its crucial biological engagement work,” said CRDF Global President and CEO Mike Dignam. “We’re pleased to serve along with Leidos to foster science collaboration and help partner countries increase their knowledge and awareness of biological pathogens, with the goal of keeping their citizens safe and secure,” said Dignam.