- What information we automatically collect about you;
- Information you may submit;
- Choices you have about the use of your information;
- How you can access information we maintain about you;
- How we protect your information;
- Additional information about our policy; and
- How you can contact us.
Information We Automatically Collect and Store
As is true of most websites, certain information is automatically collected when you visit us to browse through our site, read pages or download information. The information is not personal and cannot and will not be traced back to you. The information is:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to CRDF Global’s site from another website, and the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors -- to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the pages they visit. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Information You Submit
If you choose to register with us for any of our newsletters, to donate to CRDF Global or to serve as an expert reviewer for CRDF Global, the information will be collected in a database and used for the specific activity for which you provided the information. We use the same database for periodic mailings about CRDF Global activities. If you choose not to receive such materials in the future, simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ button on the bottom of a message we send. We will not share your information with any other organization without your permission.
If you send a resumé, that information will be used only to consider your application for a job and to contact you for purposes related to the application. We will keep your resumé on file for up to six months.
If you use CRDF Global’s electronic proposal submission system to apply for funding opportunities, grant programs or CRDF Solutions, any information voluntarily submitted as part of that process will be used and protected as explained under the specific program’s application guidelines. Program guidelines are linked directly to each program’s application.
If you choose to make an online donation to CRDF Global or to otherwise sponsor a CRDF Global event, you may provide your credit card billing information. As this information is collected and transferred over the Internet to our secure server, it is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, the industry standard security technology that is designed to protect sensitive information. Our donation pages display the Verisign Secure Site Seal to assure you that our Website is authentic and that all transactions are secured by SSL encryption. If you are making a donation, the credit card information that you provide at the time of donation is used only to process your donation and will not be used by us for any other purposes and will not be retained after the transaction has been processed.
In the event you wish to update or delete any information in our possession at any time for any reason, please contact CRDF Global at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.
How We Protect Your Information
Protecting your privacy and your information is a top priority for CRDF Global. We continue to make every effort to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Inside CRDF Global, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information is only accessible to those employees who need it to perform their jobs. All CRDF Global employees are aware of our privacy and security policies.
Your Help Is Needed
Although CRDF Global does its best to protect your privacy on this and our other websites, we need your help. You can help in the following ways:
- You have control over your own privacy. Think carefully before providing any personal information.
- Although this site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, no email or web transmission is completely secure against interception. If you are worried because your communication is very sensitive, do not send it via email or submit it online. See below for additional ways to contact us.
- We may send your personalized information via email or provide personalized links in emails that allow data fields to be automatically populated with certain personal information. Therefore, you should always keep your email account information secure and not allow others to access your email account.
In addition to the records left on your computer by cookies, your browser and operating system contain other records of your web browsing and other actions (e.g., browser history). As with cookies, you can find information about how to clear these history trails in your browser's "Help" section or through other websites that provide detailed information for each browser and operating system.
GENERAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
CRDF Global collects personal information from external parties such as technical reviewers, panel members, site visit experts, consultants, applicants and grantees.
Definition of Personal Data
Though the specific type of information CRDF Global gathers depends on the circumstance, personal data collected may include:
- Personal and professional contact information including address, phone, fax, email;
- Tax identification number or Social Security number;
- Date and/or place of birth;
- Driver’s License number;
- Passport information;
- Citizenship and Residency status;
- Work history and related information;
- Bank account information (to facilitate electronic transfers to grantees, vendors and contractors)
- Credit card information
- Level of educational attainment; (may be determined implicitly from publicly disseminated information based on academic titles, e.g., Dr. Joseph Johnson, Prof. Jane Jones).
Purpose for Collection of Personal Data
CRDF Global gathers this information for one or more of the following reasons:
- Compliance with export control and other applicable regulations;
- Required reporting for tax purposes;
- Verification of identity for bank transfers;
- Reporting (in the aggregate) to sponsors on composition of applicant or grantee base;
- Provision of information necessary for execution of the peer review, grant or contracting process;
- Internal monitoring and evaluation of CRDF Global Programs to determine their impact and efficacy;
- Dissemination of information (in the aggregate) on CRDF Global activities, e.g., percent of female participants in CRDF Global Programs by country or region.
Handling of Personal Information
With the exception of the dissemination of information on CRDF Global activities referenced above, CRDF Global will use any information you submit only for the purposes for which it was submitted. CRDF Global does not share personal information with external parties unless specifically required by law or in order to fulfill funder requirements for reporting in the aggregate on applicant, participant or grantee base. Under no circumstances will CRDF Global sell, share or otherwise exchange personal data for commercial purposes.
CRDF Global has established internal protocols for safe handling of information received via e-mail to protect data of the sender.
CRDF Global conducts periodic internal and external audits of staff written and electronic records to ensure compliance with this policy.