CRDF Global is seeking subject matter experts (SME) to support ongoing projects on nuclear security, emerging technology in the nuclear sector, and related topics. The SME will provide training and course development support to advance safe and secure civilian nuclear technology in partner countries under Foundational Infrastructure for the Responsible Use of Small Modular Reactors (FIRST) program. The specific areas of desired expertise include the following: (1) Small Modular Reactor (SMR) technology, including safety, design, and security; (2) SMR licensing and financial considerations, and (3) workforce development.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Develop new curricula using internationally accepted nuclear safety and security policies,
processes, and practices
- Review and revise existing curricula
- Conduct trainings, in person or virtually, in the United States or abroad.
- Coordinate with other co-implementers
- Author or contribute to post-activity reports
- Participant outreach support, etc.Here is an example of an activity that may occur under this scope: The project includes presenting on
relevant SMR topics at a regional conference in Southeast Asia. CRDF Global will bear all costs and
make logistics arrangements related to travel. Additional activities will be determined based on the
budget availability and needs identified by the funder.