CRDF Global Awarded IDIQ Contract to Support U.S. Department of State’s Export Control and Related Border Security Program
Arlington, VA –The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation has named CRDF Global as an awardee of an indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract to provide trainings, logistical support, and country assessments in support of its Export Control and Related Border Security Program (EXBS).
The mission of the EXBS Program is to assist foreign governments with establishing strategic trade control systems that meet international standards and strengthen their ability to regulate transfers of weapons of mass destruction, WMD-related items, conventional arms, and related dual-use items. The EXBS Program is currently active in more than 60 countries.
Under this contract, with a ceiling of $35 million, CRDF Global will compete for task orders to provide:
- Training and expert consultations on comprehensive strategic trade control (STC) systems, including legal/regulatory development, licensing procedures and practices, government outreach to industry, border control inspection/detection/interdiction, investigation and prosecution of STC violations, interagency coordination, and international cooperation
- Assessments of partner countries’ STC systems and EXBS program processes
- Logistical support for multilateral conferences and training seminars to facilitate regional and global cooperation contributing to the fight against WMD proliferation
- Information technology support services
- Course development and curriculum review to train foreign government officials in internationally- accepted export and border control policies, processes, and practices
“CRDF Global is extremely proud and honored to be a longtime, trusted partner of the U.S. Department of State,” said Susan King, director of nuclear security and border control practice. “Being selected to support the EXBS Program is a testament to our commitment to strengthening partner countries’ ability to combat domestic and international security threats.”
About CRDF Global
CRDF Global is an independent nonprofit organization that promotes safety, security, and sustainability through science and innovation. Established in 1995, CRDF Global promotes international science and technology collaboration through grants, technical resources, training, and services. CRDF Global manages funding programs that foster international collaboration between researchers working in the common language of science and innovation. The organization supports science and technology infrastructure in countries in Eurasia, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.