Countering Technology Transfer
CRDF Global will award grants in India to research institutions and individuals from research institutions to conduct a risk assessment of intellectual property threat to their institution, and develop a risk mitigation plan to address the threat. Grants are a one-time, six-month award of $7,500.
- Applicants may apply individually or as a team.
- Members of research team must be nationals of India who are affiliated with an academic institution from India.
- Institutional approval is required for applications to be considered for this competition.
- A completed application and supporting documents with all application sections filled out, including:
- A proposed action plan for conducting a risk assessment of intellectual property threats to their institution
- Proposed detailed budget
- The curriculum vitae (CV) and passport or state-issued ID card for each individual on the research team.
- A list of relevant references.
- Application materials and research products must be submitted in English.
CRDF Global will evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
- Policy relevance and impact:
- Does the proposed project address concerns about intellectual property threats to research institutions?
- Sustainability and commitment
- Does the applicant’s organization demonstrate commitment to the project by offering any complementary financial, logistical, and/or personnel support?
- Ability to sustain the project and support research outcome dissemination after the grant ending period
- Clarity, feasibility, and detail
- Is the project clearly outlined and possible to successfully accomplish? Can the project feasibly be completed during the grant period?
- Past performance
- Do applicants have a track record of high-quality research on matters relating to responsible science & research ethics, science integrity, information security, data governance, responsible technology, institutional compliance, dual-use knowledge and technology, and intangible technology transfer?
- For detailed information regarding general CRDF Global grant policies please visit: https://www.crdfglobal.org/sites/default/files/CRDF_Global_Competitions_FAQ_0.pdf
- For additional questions regarding the grant competition please email to email@example.com