(Closed Call) Modeling Guide to Practice: Training on the Use of Mathematical Modeling to Inform HIV/NCD Integrated Care
This closed call is for proposals to develop a short-term mentored training program in mathematical modeling for participants from low-and-middle income countries (LMICs). It is part of the Fogarty International Center’s Center for Global Health Studies (CGHS) HIV/ NCD Comorbidities: Modeling to Guide Practice project. CGHS will fund the development, planning and execution of a short-term mentored training in mathematical modeling, which will focus on integrated HIV/NCD care for one or two individual trainees. The purpose of the training program is to provide trainees with support for an intensive period of mentored learning to acquire new computational modeling capabilities. The training program should provide trainees access to all necessary modeling software and platforms, along with specific research mentors with relevant expertise. Trainees are not required to have active research grant support and can either be involved in their mentor’s ongoing research or use the training to catalyze new research collaborations. The training should be virtual and take place over a period of 3 to 6 months.
One to two awards of up to $50,000 USD will be granted to institutions/organizations to organize the short-term mathematical modeling training program.
In order to be considered eligible to apply:
• The Principal Investigator (PI) must be from the previous 2016 RFA administered by CRDF Global (OISE-17-62962-1, OISE-17-62965-1, OISE-17-62967-1). An LMIC mentor can be a co-mentor for the trainee
• To address sustainability, mentors who can follow-up with the trainees (in person or virtually) in the future is desirable
• As part of the training program, trainees can either be involved in their mentor’s ongoing research or use the training to catalyze new research collaborations
• Each institution/organization can submit only one proposal for this program for up to two individual trainees
• Each proposal will be evaluated independently.
All proposals must be submitted electronically through CRDF Global’s Electronic Proposal Submission (EPS) website, no later than January 1, 2021 at 23:59 EST. Link to EPS: https://eps.crdfglobal.org/HIV-NCD/StartPage.aspx