CTR Biosciences Fellowship Program Announcement 2020-2021
Apply: Submit applications (in Word or PDF format) and accompanying documents as outlined in the Program Announcement to CBFP@crdfglobal.org
The CTR Biosciences Fellowship Program (CBFP) welcomes applications from early to mid-career biological scientists working in government ministries, government-operated biological science laboratories, and/or research and diagnostic facilities with experience in laboratory operations, research, and diagnostics from Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon. Only applications from these three countries will be considered. Applicants from universities and private laboratories will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Selected fellows will conduct a science fellowship, requiring the fellow to travel for four to six months in duration, to engage in research at a host institution different than their home country beginning no earlier than September 2020.
Fellowship focus areas include:
- Dangerous human, animal, and zoonotic infectious diseases
- Pathogens of security concern
- Modern infectious disease diagnostic techniques
- Epidemiological surveillance and reporting of dangerous human and animal infectious diseases
- Application and institutionalization of internationally accepted principles and best practices of biosafety and security
- Application and institutionalization of One Health principles and approaches
- Detection, diagnosis, and reporting of infectious diseases caused by especially dangerous pathogens and pathogens of security concern
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science degree to be considered (applicants with a Master of Science or PhD are preferred) and be proficient in English for routine professional work.
For more information, please download the Program Announcement as well as the Application document below in Word or PDF format.
Please submit the application (in Word or PDF format) and required accompanying documents (as outlined in the Program Announcement) to CBFP@crdfglobal.org no later than Sunday, 1 December 2019 23:59 U.S. Eastern Time (ET).