CRDF Global is seeking a local consultant to assist with the implementation of a technical writing and grantsmanship training program in the Philippines from October 2020 – May 2021. Working as an integral part of the implementing team, the consultant will support a series of hands-on grantsmanship workshops to familiarize up to twenty participants with the technical grant-writing process. The consultant will assist with facilitating workshop breakout discussions and communication with participants teams to support the development of abstracts, white papers, and draft full proposals.
- Advanced degree in biological sciences (Master’s degree and above)
- Subject matter expertise of pathogen(s) that are included on the U.S. Select Agents and Toxins list, which can be reviewed here, or syndromic surveillance (acute febrile illness, acute encephalitis syndrome, acute respiratory syndrome, etc.) preferred
- Thorough knowledge of local and international regulations, standards, and best practices pertaining to both human and animal health (IACUC, IRB, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in research concept development and the scientific method required; Experience in applying for and obtaining international research grants preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must reside in the Philippines, preferably in greater Metro Manila
Download the RFI