REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL – Ground Transportation Washington DC
Deadline: Tuesday, March 8, 2022
CRDF Global is seeking licensed professional, experienced, responsive ground transportation companies to provide ground transportation for groups of international visitors/grantees in Washington DC.
- The ground transportation providers will provide transportation services for international visitors/grantees, interpreters, liaisons in the greater Washington, DC area. Examples include:
- Airport transfers to/from Washington Dulles, Reagan National or Baltimore-Washington Airports to a hotel in the Washington, DC metropolitan area;
- Daily transportation around the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area;
- Day trips from the Washington, DC area to Baltimore, Maryland or Charlottesville, Virginia;
- (NEW YORK TRANSPORTATION) One-way transfers to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or New York City, New York, Pittsburgh
- Ground transportation services will be required on an on-going, as-needed basis and will not be limited to a specific quantity or frequency, unless specified in the contractor’s proposal. CRDF Global may prequalify a service providers for a specific period time, requiring a general services agreement with a fixed pricing schedule during the period of performance.
Tasks and Deliverables:
- Email confirmation-acknowledging receipt of job request.
- Email confirmation-acknowledging receipt of project book/schedule.
- CRDF Global will email the project book/schedule one day prior to each project’s start date.
- Name and cell phone number of driver no later than one day prior to each project’s start date.
- Invoices submitted to CRDF Global POC no later than 10 business days after each project.
- Five years of verifiable experience in the ground transportation industry
- All appropriate ground transportation licenses for Washington, DC, Virginia, Maryland and surrounding states
- 24/7/365 dispatch ability
- Ability to reach assigned drivers 24/7/365
- Ability to obtain and maintain insurance coverage (General Liability, Automobile and Umbrella liability coverage)
- No outstanding judgments or bankruptcies within the past five years
- Sufficient number and variety of vehicles readily available for use
- Ability to provide and maintain accurate records of receipts/revenues
- Vehicles that are:
- Mechanically safe and periodically inspected; and
- Manufacturer installed and operatable seat belts available for all passengers
- Clearly marked vehicles that indicate company name
- Vehicles that are American with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant
- Drivers that are trained and licensed
- Drivers that are not to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol at any time when transporting participants.
- Drivers are not to speed when transporting participants.
- Driver(s) should have a good overall knowledge of routes planned to be taken and avoid areas containing environmental, industrial or other types of hazards.
- Flexibility with last minute scheduling changes.
- Flexible cancellation terms.
Each proposal must include:
- Statement of Interest and Technical Capabilities
- Cost proposal
- List of all vehicle sizes (including minimum-maximum passenger count for each vehicle)
- Types of vehicles
- Clear indication of which vehicles are ADA compliant
- Hourly rates by vehicle size
- Airport transfer rates (from IAD/DCA/BWI to hotels in the Washington, DC metropolitan area)
- One-way transfers:
- From Washington, DC to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania;
- From Washington, DC to New York City, New York
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of Key Personnel at company
- Proof of insurances
- List of experience in providing transportation to international visitors/grantees
- Confirmation of after business hours/emergency dispatch capability
- Two references
- Summary of past performance
- Willingness to provide a fixed pricing schedule via master service agreement for a period of three years.
- Any Small or Disadvantaged Business Designations (Veteran Owned, HUB Zone, Women Owned, Disadvantaged Businesses)
Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 5:00pm EST: RFP submissions due
Thursday, March 10, 2018, 5:00pm EST: Contractor selection made
Wednesday, March 16, 2018: Contract start date
Contractor Selection Criteria:
CRDF Global will select the contractor that provides the best value in terms of overall price and experience. The contractor should have proven experience working with U.S. government funded programs, a proven track record of providing consistently high-quality service in a timely manner with zero to minimal accident and traffic issues. Contractors that meet the above criteria and standards may be selected to set up a General Service Agreement with a fixed pricing schedule during the period of performance. . CRDF Global anticipates a period of performance for three years.
- Are due no later than Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 5:00pm EST.
- The email subject must state: Proposal-DC Ground Transportation RFP.
- Must be submitted as electronic documents in PDF, Word or Excel format.
- Emailed to email@example.com.
Founded in 1995, CRDF Global is an independent nonprofit organization that promotes international scientific and technical collaboration through grants, technical resources, training, and services. Based in Arlington, Virginia with offices in the Eurasia and MENA regions, CRDF Global works with more than 40 countries in the Middle East, North Africa, Eurasia, and Asia. We specialize in bringing isolated scientific communities into the scientific mainstream through a variety of science engagement and capacity-building programs. CRDF Global encourages science cooperation between countries where official relations are strained.
More information is available at www.crdfglobal.org.
Download the RFP Download Cost Proposal Template