Request for Proposals
Deadline: April 15, 2022
Summary and Scope:
CRDF Global is seeking experts to provide information on institutions in key countries that may be vulnerable to targeting by actors associated with the People’s Republic of China (PRC) to acquire or access proprietary dual-use research and technology.
Tasks and Deliverables:
- Ranked Lists of At-Risk Institutions: For the following A) countries, per B) sector, and per C) technology category, provide a list of at least 10 institutions deemed “at-risk” to targeting by actors associated with the People’s Republic of China (PRC) to acquire or access proprietary dual-use research and technology (total of 1,800 institutions). Institutions should be ranked by risk indicators (see below) within each category.
- Czech Republic
- Academia/Research sector
- Private sector
- Technology Category
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Biotechnology, synthetic biology, gene synthesis
- Quantum computing
- Microprocessor/high-performance computing
- Aerospace engineering
- Advanced robotics
- At-Risk Indicators: Provide overall criteria for how the “at-risk” designation will be made, to include a combination of, for example: nature of dual-use research/technology manufacturing at the institutions, existing relationships with PRC-affiliated entities, open-source cybersecurity vulnerabilities, etc.
- Institutional Contact Information: Provide contact information (at a minimum, names and email addresses) for key individuals at the identified institutions for future CRDF Global engagement to mitigate potential vulnerabilities. Contact information must be relevant to the particular department/sub-unit of concern.
Download the RFP
Download the Q & A