Deadline: Jul 28, 2014 23:59
Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
CRDF Global and the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of (hereinafter – UrB RAS) are accepting proposals from joint U.S. and Russian teams for the 2014 CRDF Global-UrB RAS Joint Basic Research Competition. This competition is co-sponsored by CRDF Global and UrB RAS with funding provided by the U.S. Department of State, U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), and UrB RAS.
The primary goals of the competition are to:
- Support high-quality, innovative international research by teams of U.S. and Russian researchers in the disciplines specified in this announcement;
- Encourage diversity in the international science community; and
- Establish sustainable joint U.S. - Russia research collaborations.
In support of those goals, CRDF Global selects competition topics through mutual agreement with UrB RAS and in consideration of national research priorities of the U.S. and the Russian Federation. For the 2014 Joint Basic Research Competition, proposals in the following areas of non-commercial research will be accepted:
- Scientific Basis for Creating New Materials including Nanotechnologies and Technologies of Molecular Assembling;
- Sustainable Natural Resource Management;
- Energy Saving/Energy Efficient Technologies
All projects must be basic research in one or more of the following: Physics; Chemistry; Earth/Geological Sciences; Biology; Engineering. Multi-disciplinary research projects are particularly encouraged.
Grant awards, each up to $80,300 USD, will be made to joint research teams of U.S. and Russian scientists
For more information, read the full Request for Proposals: 2014 CRDF Global UrB-RAS RFP
Download the application form: 2014 CRDF Global UrB-RAS Application Form