CBEP Biosciences Fellowship Program
Apply: Submit application and accompanying documents (as outlined in the Program Announcement) to CBFP@crdfglobal.org.
CBFP welcomes applications from early to mid-career biological scientists working in government ministries, government-operated biological science laboratories, and/or research and diagnostic facilities with experience in laboratory operations, research, and diagnostics from Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey. Only applications from these three countries will be considered. Selected fellows will conduct a science exchange fellowship of up to six months in duration to engage in research at a host institution including, but not limited to, the United States, Europe, and the Middle East beginning no earlier than September 2018.
Fellowship focus areas include:
- Dangerous human, animal, and zoonotic infectious diseases
- Pathogens of security concern
- Modern infectious disease diagnostic techniques
- Epidemiological surveillance and reporting of dangerous human and animal infectious diseases
- Application and institutionalization of internationally accepted principles and best practices of BS&S
- Application and institutionalization of One Health principles and approaches
- Detection, diagnosis, and reporting of infectious diseases caused by especially dangerous pathogens and pathogens of security concern
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science degree to be considered (applicants with a Master of Science or PhD are preferred) and be proficient in the English language for routine professional work.
For more information, please download the Program Announcement and Application document below: CBFP Program Announcement and Application
Please submit the application and required accompanying documents (as outlined in the Program Announcement) to CBFP@crdfglobal.org no later than Sunday, 17 December 2017 23:59 U.S. Eastern Time (ET).
CRDF Global will host two informal question and answer (Q&A) webinars on Monday, 20 November and Monday, 11 December 2017 at 11:00 U.S. Eastern Time. Please direct any questions to CBFP@crdfglobal.org.
1st webinar: November 20th, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time -https://crdfglobal.adobeconnect.com/cbepwebinar/
2nd webinar: December 11th, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time https://crdfglobal.adobeconnect.com/cbepwebinar2/
For information and guidance on how to apply, view the Application Tutorial video below: