CBEP Biosciences Fellowship Program
Deadline: Sunday, December 24, 2017 (updated)
Apply: Submit application and accompanying documents (as outlined in the Program Announcement) to CBFP@crdfglobal.org.
CBFP welcomes applications from early to mid-career biological scientists working in government ministries, government-operated biological science laboratories, and/or research and diagnostic facilities with experience in laboratory operations, research, and diagnostics from Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, and Iraq. Only applications from these four countries will be considered. Selected fellows will conduct a science exchange fellowship of up to six months in duration to engage in research at a host institution including, but not limited to, the United States, Europe, and the Middle East beginning no earlier than September 2018.
Fellowship focus areas include:
- Dangerous human, animal, and zoonotic infectious diseases
- Pathogens of security concern
- Modern infectious disease diagnostic techniques
- Epidemiological surveillance and reporting of dangerous human and animal infectious diseases
- Application and institutionalization of internationally accepted principles and best practices of BS&S
- Application and institutionalization of One Health principles and approaches
- Detection, diagnosis, and reporting of infectious diseases caused by especially dangerous pathogens and pathogens of security concern
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science degree to be considered (applicants with a Master of Science or PhD are preferred) and be proficient in the English language for routine professional work.
For more information, please download the Program Announcement and Application document below: CBFP Program Announcement and Application
Updated: Please submit the application and required accompanying documents (as outlined in the Program Announcement) to CBFP@crdfglobal.org no later than Sunday, 24 December 2017 23:59 U.S. Eastern Time (ET).
CRDF Global will host two informal question and answer (Q&A) webinars on Monday, 20 November and Monday, 11 December 2017 at 11:00 U.S. Eastern Time. Please direct any questions to CBFP@crdfglobal.org.
1st webinar: November 20th, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time -https://crdfglobal.adobeconnect.com/cbepwebinar/
2nd webinar: December 11th, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time https://crdfglobal.adobeconnect.com/cbepwebinar2/