2012 Award Dinner
Ronald Reagan Building Pavilion
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Each year, CRDF Global presents the George Brown Award for International Scientific Cooperation to recognize individuals for their critical work advancing international cooperation in science and technology. The Award furthers the late Congressman George Brown's vision for international research cooperation and commemorates his important role in the efforts leading to CRDF Global's creation.
In 2012, CRDF Global is pleased to recognize three individuals for their scientific and humanitarian achievements:
- Mr. William H. Draper, III, General Partner of Draper Richards L.P and Co-Chairman of the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation
- Dr. David A. Hamburg, President Emeritus at Carnegie Corporation of New York, former president of AAAS and the Institute of Medicine
- Dr. Charles M. Vest, President of the National Academy of Engineering and President Emeritus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
CRDF Global is honored to have distinguished members of the international community serving as co-chairs of the event:
- Mr. Kofi Annan, Seventh Secretary-General, United Nations and Chairman, Kofi Annan Foundation
- Mr. Norm Augustine, Retired Chairman and CEO, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Mr. Tim C. Draper, Founder and Managing Partner, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Mr. Lee Hamilton, Director, The Center on Congress at Indiana University and former U.S. House of Representative from Indiana
- Mr. Chad Holliday, Chairman of the Board, Bank of America Corporation
Since its founding in 1995, CRDF Global has served as a leader in promoting international science cooperation. The gala event will celebrate CRDF Global's successful programs and services in more than 30 countries worldwide, carried out on behalf of several dozen government and private sector funders and clients. This event is invitation only. For more information please email us at email@example.com.